In this two-week class, students learn what it takes to be an animator by using animation principles in combination with unconventional items, exploring various experimental methods and practices. After multiple animation tests, students use their new skills to create a unique, final animated short film.
Summer Class Equipment Requirements
Experimental Animation: Paper and Textures will be using traditional stop-motion animation techniques for exercises and final projects.
Students enrolled in this course will be asked to obtain the following materials before class begins:
Camera/document camera (in addition to camera they use for Zoom)
iStopmotion software (to run on a Mac, iPad, or iPhone)
Each student will need these items in order to share their screen and capture their animation and present it in class for review. Students will need to be able to see both the screen shared by the teacher and their own work simultaneously. If you do not have access to one of these devices or are unable to run iStopmotion on your Mac, please contact us so we may assist you.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2021”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 9, 2021
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at email@example.com.
Tickets for Experimental Animation: Paper and Textures are available as follows:
- Walt’s Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Monday, February 22 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporter and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, February 23 at noon by emailing email@example.com
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, February 24 at noon
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, February 25 at noon